Today we celebrated Connor's second birthday party! It was a train themed party and was SO much fun! I, as usual, over exerted myself and underestimated how much time it would take to complete all the food and decor that I wanted to do for the party. But after all was said and done, I was so happy with the way it turned out!
A couple weeks before Audrey was born we went to a local church's halloween festival. They had a "barrel train" that was taking kids on rides around the parking lot. Connor LOVED it. He wanted to go over and over again. When i decided on a train themed party I wanted to try and find a train like that for the party! I successfully found one and had it rented for an hour of the party! Awesome! I was so excited for Connor to see it and couldn't wait for his face to light up! It totally back fired. He saw it, got excited for about 1 second, and then had a total meltdown when I asked if he wanted to go on a ride. He refused. He refused over and over until Ken got in there with him! Then his mood completely changed and he was so happy! I'm sure the animal crackers in his hand helped a little...

No comments:
Post a Comment