Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 61

The last week or so, on and off, Audrey has been a lot more fussy than usual. I want to say its teething, but who knows. You would think with your second child you would be an expert, right? Wrong. Don't get me wrong there are some things that I feel like i'm a pro at now, changing diapers is one. I must change at least 10-15 diapers a day. Exciting, I know.  When Connor was younger he never took a pacifier and never was interested in sucking his thumb. Easy for us, we never had to break him of either! There were definitely a few times, ok a lot more than a few, that I wish I could have just stuck a pacifier in his mouth so he would calm down and stop crying (during car rides particularly). Audrey is quite the opposite of Connor in that sense. Not only does she love her pacifier but if she doesn't have that close by she will find her thumb. Even when the pacifier is close by she will spit it out and stick her thumb in there, like she did today. She was so tired and I was getting Connor an afternoon snack when he woke up from his nap. Usually she will nap while he does (yay, a break for me!) but today she wasn't having it.  Between her "teething" and not taking her usual early afternoon nap she was not doing great. I had her in her bouncy chair as I was trying to get Connor something to eat. That boy is indecisive, so poor Audrey had to sit there fussing longer than usual.  She kept crying so I put the paci in her mouth. She spit it out almost immediately but just as quickly replaced it with her thumb. Fine by me, it allowed her to fall asleep! She got in about a 45 second nap before Connor noticed she was asleep and started yelling. Ok, so it was longer than 45 seconds, but probably not more than a couple minutes. She was asleep just long enough for me to grab my camera and take this picture. Crap, Connor noticed me, and saw that she was sleeping. He finds it hilarious to yell at Audrey just as he sees thats she is asleep. It is not as funny to Audrey or myself. Poor girl. Maybe tomorrow will be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment