Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 74

Today we went to a "Tutu's and Bow Ties" first birthday party. It was right down the street from us so we just walked down there. Connor was not into the bow tie, so that didn't go on him. Audrey was asleep in the front carrier pretty much the entire party, so she didn't get to wear the tutu they provided. I had already put her in a small tutu before going, but you couldn't even see it behind the carrier. There were a lot of kids there, none that were really close in age with Connor though. They were all a couples years older or at least a year younger. He still had fun. He is such a shy boy when we first go somewhere but will eventually warm up and have a good time. I know a lot of kids are like that, so I try not to worry! When we were leaving, we took a Tutu and bow tie with us. The kids can eventually wear them to play dress up. That evening, Connor was in a terrible mood (probably because the party threw off our normal nap time routine). I was doing anything I could to try and make him laugh and get in a better mood. The only thing that worked was putting the tutu on his head, my head and then Audrey's head. It definitely worked, he thought it was the funniest thing. It is pretty cute, especially on Audrey.


1 comment: