I hope you all guessed Toy Story. Only one of the greatest children's movies of all time. It also happens to be Connor's favorite movie of all time. Ok, admittedly, I think its the only movie I have let him watch so of course it has to be his favorite. Between that and Sesame Street, he doesn't watch much else. For Christmas, my mom bought Connor a plastic "Toy Story" bowling set. There are 6 pins and a bowling ball. We taught Connor how to stand them up and roll (or in his case, throw) the ball at them. He loves doing this. What he loves the most is seeing the characters on the bowling pins. If he is standing them up and one is missing he will ask for that one by name. Woody Go? Buzz Lightyear go(although his lightyear sounds absolutely nothing like lightyear)? RAWWRRR (dinosaur) go? Ball go? He won't throw any ball at the bowling pins, it has to be his bowling ball.
Today I went to a consignment sale here in town. As I scanned over all the tables and tables full of kids toys, I found a bag of G.I Joes. I figured he would love them, because they are also featured in Toy Story. A little further down I found a bag of Buzz Lightyear figures and a couple TINY woody figures. I picked them up and sat them back down. I was disappointed the woody figure wasn't bigger. As I kept walking I couldn't stop thinking about the figures I set down. They were only four dollars. I probably should get them, Connor would love them! I headed back that way and luckily they were still there. Upon returning home, I realized it was probably the best $4 dollars I have ever spent. He was hooked. He would not put the buzz lightyear down at all. Took it outside with him and made him fly. Then he would come back inside and say "Woody Go?"
This morning before I went to the sale I was reading a blog post from the same photography blog I mentioned yesterday (Clickitupanotch.com). This particular post was an interview of a photographer that takes pictures of all her kids favorite toys and will eventually make a book so her kids could look back and remember the toys. Not only does she take pictures of them, but she does so in a very artistic way. I loved it! It inspired to to try something similar! I wish I could see all my old toys that I loved at age 2 in a book. Although, I'm sure my parents could remind me of just a few.
I started that challenge today....here is Connors current favorite toy. Don't worry, my daily picture won't always be Connor or Audrey's favorite toy from here on out, but I wanted to share what I was going to do and why.

No comments:
Post a Comment