Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 71

I remember when Connor was coming up on his 4 month birthday I was getting so nervous about giving his his first taste of food. As much as I love the internet, sometimes it can be your worst enemy, especially for a first time mom. I wish I would have just stopped reading stuff on the internet and stuck with my mommy instinct. His first taste of food was a tiny little bite of New England Clam Chowder from my pinky. I remember immediately after I gave him a bite I freaked out and felt like a terrible mom because he wasn't supposed to have cows milk until he's one because of risk of allergy. Funny, he probably got about 1 tiny spec of cows milk mixed in that chowder and I some home believed that I had poisoned my son. He survived...

Audrey is already suffering from the second child syndrome. She turned 4 months a couple weeks ago and I haven't even really considered giving her anything to eat. I really haven't put much thought into it. I am far too busy dealing with Connor and his beginning stages of terrible twos, and let me tell you, they are TERRIBLE!  I also read the internet far too much this time around and people with way too much time on their hands have their own opinions of when a baby should start getting bites of real food. They also have multiple opinions about what order to introduce foods. As with Connor, I believe these said people on the internet and take their advice like I would a pediatricians advice. WHY?! Why do I listen to these people?!?! Tonight I became a rebel. I gave Audrey her first bites of real food. Did I wait until she is 6 months like everyone says is best, no. Did I start with a green vegetable to slowly introduce and watch for allergies, no. Did I start with something that doesn't have any dairy in it, just in case, no. Do I feel like a terrible mom, kind of. I didn't feel like a terrible mom as I was feeding her, because she really seemed to enjoy it and I got some adorable pictures. As I am typing this, I am thinking about all those internet posts and how terrible I am for giving my 4 month old daughter mashed potatoes as her first bites of food. But with that said, how could anyone resist giving her more when you see this sweet face!!





2 comments:

  1. did she enjoy them? Looks like she had tears in her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No tears. She was just really tired, she doesn't get much sleep with Connor screaming all day. She loved them. I'll have oh show you some others when I see you next.

    ReplyDelete