For Connor's first birthday I did a mini "smash cake" session. For those that don't know, a smash cake photo session is where you have a small (6 inch) cake and let the kid devour it. During his first birthday session he really didn't want anything to do with it and cried when I tried to get him to eat it. Finally after I ate some and showed him how fun it was he really started to enjoy it. I decided to do another smash cake session for his 2nd birthday. We took the pictures today. It turned out much better than the first! He is at the age now that he knows what cake is and he LOVED it. Mainly the icing-typical kid. It was SO much fun!! We got some great pictures and it was hard to pick a favorite! I will admit that I took over 200 pictures (thank you rapid shot!) and narrowed it down to 59. Yes, 59!! I couldn't delete any more than that, there were that many cute ones! I don't know how photographers that are in business narrow down their shots to the 5-10 they offer to clients for "mini photo shoots." I would have a really hard time!
After looking at the 59 pictures over and over I had to just pick one for my picture of the day. If I could post all 59, I would. :) This picture was nearing the end of our mini photo shoot. He decided it would be best just to pick up the cake rather than bend down on the floor!

No comments:
Post a Comment