Friday, February 28, 2014

Day 59

Tonight was a spaghetti night. To make things a little more fun than just noodles and sauce I made some fresh green beans on the stove top. While I was cooking, Connor kept yelling, "bite!!" "Green bean bite!!" I know, Connor, you want a green bean. You have to be patient and let me cook them first. Patient must not be a word understood by a toddler. While he kept yelling for a bite, Audrey was just yelling. I don't really know why, but my usual angel of a baby wasn't such an angel today. She must be going through a growth spurt or something. If she wasn't asleep today she was fussing and crying. She couldn't seem to get comfortable or happy. Poor thing. She is now sleeping peacefully next to me (I am in bed typing this blog).  When dinner was finally ready and I could give Connor a bite of the green beans he had been screaming for, he was as happy as could be. I set him down at his table, gave him a plate full of spaghetti and some green beans. I gave him a fork, but why bother?  He used it for one bite then found it far easier to eat with his hands. I should have probably given him a bath tonight after a spaghetti night with no fork but I was far too worn out to give the kids a bath, so we just did a quick wash of the hands and face and got ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment