Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 42

For Christmas I got Ken a Starbucks Verismo machine (their at home espresso machines). He loves coffee and would almost always get an americano when we went to Starbucks. I thought it would be nice for him  to do that from home any time he wanted.  I think it was as much of a gift for me as it was for him. I am not a big coffee person but I do like espresso drinks. With the Verismo I can make a latte or mocha mid morning (or afternoon for that matter) in between changing diapers and feeding kids. I have been so tired lately with Ken working extra hours and Connor taking to his terrible twos a couple months early. I have definitely made multiple espresso drinks for myself over the last couple weeks. Not only do I make them but I make them with double shots of espresso. It helps make my long, exhausting days not AS exhausting....

This morning after we ate breakfast we were in the living room playing with Audrey. I was switching her from her tummy to her back trying to get her to roll over. She wanted nothing to do with it. When she was on her back Connor kept leaning over her and talking to her and kissing her. When his mimi and pa (my parents) were here a couple weeks back they would pinch Audrey's cheeks and say I'm going to pinch those cheeks! Now Connors favorite thing to do is pinch his sisters cheeks while laughing and saying "Pinch those Cheeks!" Although he doesn't pinch as softly as we do, Audrey doesn't seem to mind and it almost always puts a big smile on her face. I knew that I would love seeing Connor interact with his little sister but was never prepared for my heart to melt every time I see him playing this nicely with her. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment