Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 36

Valentines Day Mini Photo Shoot

Last summer when we were getting ready for Audrey's arrival I knew I wanted to be the one to take her newborn photos at home. I found some really cute vinyl flooring backdrops on sale that you can use to look like actual wood floor or use it as a backdrop. We then found a tutorial online on how to make your own backdrop stand out of PVC piping. So one day I went to Lowes and had them cut all the PVC piping that I needed and we had our very own indoor studio! Its so easy to put together and take down. We keep it all in the attic when its not being used but since our attic is so easy to get to (theres a door in the hallway upstairs that walks right into the attic) we can take out the indoor studio supplies and put it together whenever we want! I find that in the mornings about 10 there is a good amount of light that comes in through our dining room window so I push the dining room table to the living room and set up the studio! Connor loved helping put together the PVC backdrop stand. It took a lot of patience on my end because any time I got it put together he would come push it down and try and take it down. This happened about 6 times before I finally got it put up before he was able to push it down and take apart what I had already done! Audrey was napping when I got it all set up so I took Connors pictures first. I had a little rocking chair that he would sit in and hold his puppy dog and a play rose. He was in such a good mood and would actually look at me and smile when I asked him too! After Audrey woke up, I got her down to her diaper, put on some red lipstick, and kissed her all over. She loves kisses from her momma! She was giggling and smiling the whole time! Connor saw my lipstick all over her body and kept saying uh oh! boo boo! I had to explain to him that the red on her wasn't a boo boo and she was just fine! Here is one of my favorite photos from our little photo shoot :) Our house is filled with very dark wood floors, the white flooring below her is the vinyl flooring backdrop I bought.


No comments:

Post a Comment