After Connor was born is when I really started getting into photography and having such a strong passion for this hobby. It can be a very expensive hobby but so rewarding! A few years before Connor was born I had purchased my very first digital SLR camera. Truth be told I used it a few times, but it mainly found its spot in a drawer. It was so big and bulky, my phone or smaller camera was much easier to take pictures with. After I had Connor, I took it out and started using it more. When Connor was about 8 months old I wanted to look into getting a new lens for the camera. Thats the best part of digital SLR cameras is you can interchange the lenses. We went to look at lenses and walked out with a new upgraded camera and lens. Have I mentioned how amazing my husband is?! He knows I have expensive taste...he should have known I wasn't just going to look at a new lens ;) It was that day that I made it a point to really learn how to use all that I could with the camera. I quickly wanted more. I wanted more lenses and wanted to know how to do more things. I have since then let it consume my free time and any extra money we have ;) The first lens I bought for the camera was $100 (I some how convinced best buy to sell it to me for $85) at the time I thought that was crazy expensive for just a lens. After buying my second lens that cost 5 times more than the first lens, I quickly realized that first lens would be the only one I would ever buy for that cheap. I used that lens so much over the last year and have learned so much more about photography just from playing with it. I decided it was time to take the plunge and upgrade to the better version of my favorite lens. I sold my used one on ebay for $88 (more than I paid for it a year ago!) and ordered the upgraded lens. I was supposed to get it yesterday but thanks to the ice storm it came today. I was so excited to use it! Just in the 50 shots or so that I have taken with it, I already love it so much more! Definitely worth the extra money. Anyway, enough about the lens....
Audrey is starting to grab at things now. Mainly my shirt, and my hair (ouch!). She still doesn't fully realize she is doing it, but none the less she is grabbing. Today I had her in her bouncy seat while I was getting dinner ready and she was "playing" with the toys that dangle in front of her. One of them is a little blue parrot and she was grabbing it. It really looked like it was on purpose, she had her hand wrapped about it and was focusing on it. Maybe Connor taught her how to do that :) In order to take a shower during the day, I put Audrey in the bouncer chair in the bathroom and Connor will sit and play with her while I rush to rinse off some of the spit up and whatever else I have all over me. Connor loves playing with the blue parrot on her chair while she is sitting there so maybe she learned that she can play with it too by watching him...

No comments:
Post a Comment