Friday, February 14, 2014

Day 45

Valentine's Day

Audrey's first valentine's day! Originally Ken was supposed to be gone on his work trip today but since it got delayed he was able to be here. We both agreed not to do anything for each other. I of course went against our word to go get him a card, chocolates and a bottle of wine. Ok, the wine was admittedly more for me, but it was nice to give it to him and tell him it was his valentine's day gift :) When we were at target getting him a card I kept telling Connor we need to get Daddy a present. We were walking down the valentine's items isle and Connor saw a stuffed animal dog and kept saying Daddy Doggy! Daddy Doggy! It was so cute, I had to let him get it for him!

When Ken got home from work, he walked in and had two huge balloons that said "Happy Valentine's Day" I smiled and thought wow he still got me something even though we said no gifts! He immediately saw that I got him something (I had the dog, wine, card, and chocolates sitting on the counter) and said I knew you were going to get me something. Then he said now I feel bad that I didn't get you anything unless you consider the balloons that I got for Connor. Oh, I see, the balloons weren't even for me, they were for Connor! I really wasn't upset though, I really did not want anything. With my birthday coming up, I will just expect something extra nice. Thats how it works, right ;)

This morning Audrey slept in until a little after 8 or so. Typically she can't sleep that long because she is woken up by either me getting out of bed (she is still co sleeping with us) or Connor climbing all over us and being loud. Today she must have been extra tired because she slept through all of that. After she got up we went in her room and got her dressed for the day. Of course I had to put her in something pink with hearts for Valentine's day, which I had to change her out of within a hour or so because this girl spits up more than any baby I know! After getting dressed I put her on her tummy on her play mat  and laid on my tummy in front of her so she would hold her head up and look at him. She immediately looked up and kept smiling so big! She usually will immediately put her head down and lay down while on her tummy, but today she wanted to play! She spit up twice but was still smiling big and laughing and having such a good time. It was a great way to start our day!


No comments:

Post a Comment