Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day 31

Soon after moving to Louisiana we became friends with one of Ken's co workers and his wife, Mike and Cambrie. We are close in age and their daughter, Kennedy, is only about 6 months younger than Connor.  They are two of the nicest people I have ever met. So down to earth and such great people with big hearts. Connor and Kennedy get along great and have so much fun together. Cambrie was so supportive during the last part of my pregnancy and helpful beyond belief! When Audrey was 8 days old, I woke up to a couple of missed calls from Cambrie, a message saying, wake up, call me back!, followed by a picture of a positive pregnancy test! My best friend was expecting baby #2!! I was so thrilled for her and Mike! I remember telling her how crazy it was to be laying down nursing my 8 day old baby and getting news of her being pregnant and thinking that her baby was just a little peanut in the uterus (at that point, not even big enough to detect on an ultrasound) and in about 8 months that little peanut will be here, laying with his or her momma. Amazing how it works. In a short 9 months (ok, to us it does not seem short!) we can create a human being. Anyway, fast forward three months to yesterday (I am a day late posting this), I get a text message from Cambrie saying that her doctors office could do an early gender ultrasound at 16 weeks to find out the gender and they could do it today! Only draw back, it costs money, instead of waiting until the 18-20 week mark to have your scheduled ultrasound. I of course told her to do it! Totally worth it, to know two weeks early! I think I was just as excited as she was to find out if she was going to be welcoming a new baby girl or boy into the family! Funny that I couldn't wait to find out what she was having, but I never even found out if my own baby #2 was a boy or girl until we welcomed her into the world! After she talked with Mike they decided they would spend the money and the have early ultrasound done! Yay! She said she was going to go alone since Mike couldn't get off work and just have them put the results in an envelope and they would open it together while at home that evening. I told her instead, she should give me the results and I will go get a box and put either pink or blue balloons in there and they can open the box together while I took pictures. I didn't know that she would want me to be there during such a special time, but she agreed! I felt so lucky that she was letting me be a part of this big day! 4 pm couldn't come fast enough! Almost immediately I loaded up the kids and went to get a box and decorations. We got home and I decorated it with pink and blue polka dots. At 4 pm, Connor, Audrey and I went to her ultrasound with her. Here we are walking into the ultrasound with 3 kids! Connor and Kennedy did great, they sat in a chair together most of the time and read a book. Audrey was in her car seat and didn't make a peep. Cambrie didn't look at the screen at all so she wouldn't see the baby's "goods". I kept peeking at the screen to see if I could see what it was! I thought I knew but wasn't completely sure. The ultrasound tech printed out a couple pictures, put them in the envelope with a small card that she had written boy or girl. Sealed the envelope and handed it to me. We gathered up the kids and got back in our separate cars. Cambrie left and I headed straight to Party City to get the balloons. I planned on waiting to open the envelope until I was in the parking lot at party city. I couldn't wait that long. The first red light I stopped at I opened it up. My prediction on what I thought it was at the office was wrong! Good thing the ultrasound tech put it in an envelope and wrote the results down! I went inside had them blow up about 10 balloons and stuffed them in the box. Sealed the box with tape and headed to Mike and Cambrie's. Mike was excepted to be home any minute, I could not wait for them to open the box and see if they were having a little prince or another princess! After he came home we all went outside and they tore off the tape holding the top flaps together. This is what they saw...


Its a girl!!! Baby Girl #2 is due to arrive mid July! 

Thank you Cambrie for letting me be a part of the special day! It was so much fun and meant so much to me! I can't wait to meet this little princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment