This morning, while I was nursing Audrey, I thought about what we should do since Ken still had a couple days off. I thought maybe we could go down to Natchitoches, Louisiana for the day. It is only a little over a hour away and I heard its a beautiful place to be in the spring. Last time we went it had just snowed the day before so it was pretty much a ghost town and not much going on. When I ran the idea of going down there by Ken he seemed less than thrilled, but quickly said we should go. He probably could see the disappointment in my face when I thought he didn't want to go. Such a great husband :) We quickly got ready and headed out the door. Once we got there we went down by the river and walked around. I didn't bring my camera with me, and within a few minutes I regretted it. I ran back up to the car and grabbed it, and quickly remembered why I always take my camera with me. I got some of my favorite photos of all time while we were down by the river.
After the river we went for some shopping, lunch, and a trip to a old plantation. Melrose Plantation. It was interesting walking around the property and thinking about life there 100+ years ago. Beautiful property. I definitely want to go back and visit other plantations in that area in the future.
I LOVE this age for photography reasons. I love being able to sit them down and they can't crawl away (better yet, run away). They are also very interested in everything around them. This was the first time for Audrey to sit down by flowers and see what they are. She was grabbing them and looking at them so intently. When Ken saw this photo he said, I like how you put her with the purple flowers to match her outfit. I wish I had actually thought of that and planned it, but I didn't. This just happened to be one of the best places to put her.

No comments:
Post a Comment