I think I am still recovering from our weekend in Texas. I am still exhausted. Out of town trips are far from "vacations" anymore. Have you seen the video circulating Facebook? A company created a fake job and had several people apply and interview. It was basically a job they titled Director of Operations. They asked that the applicant work 24/7 and stand basically the entire time. One of the interviewees replied with, "well surely there is time to sit down" and the interviewer responded with, like a break?, no there are no breaks. This job also doesn't pay, he goes on to say. All the interviewees laugh and say thats just cruel. He says, what if I told you there are billions of people that already hold this position, they are moms. I cried. Some days it feels as if there are no breaks, but like the Interviewer stated in his fake interviews, the bond you form with your associate (child) is worth it. I wouldn't trade this job for the world, but like most people that hold "normal" jobs I'm usually exhausted by the end of the day. If you haven't seen the video, check it out here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3xM93rXbY
If that link doesn't work, search on youtube.com for World's Toughest Job.
Anyway, enough about that, on to todays picture. This evening we bought a bike trailer that we can attach to our bikes to take the kids on a ride. It is a double seater. Audrey is still a little too young to ride in it, but Connor will get some good use out of it! We have been looking to get one since buying our bikes about a month ago. I found a used one for sell from a couple that lives on the next street over from us. Last night we went by to look at it, and tonight we went back with Ken's bike so he could take it on a test ride before we bought it. We got it attached to his bike and asked Connor if he wanted to get in, of course he said no. So I put Audrey in, like I said before, she's still too little, but I knew a little test drive around the cul de sac wouldn't hurt her. After Connor saw Audrey taking a ride thats when he decided he wanted to get in too. Once he got in, he didn't want to get out! Ken rode home with him. Once we got home we took it off and attached it to my bike and I rode around the neighborhood with him. He was loving it. He was talking to me as I rode and was really enjoying himself! I am looking forward to using this more and more! I also can't wait for Audrey to be able to ride in it with her big brother!

that is great! and how true it is about the job!
ReplyDelete