Saturday, April 12, 2014

Day 102

We had a family filled weekend. We traveled to Texas to stay with my parents for a couple of nights and attend one of my cousins wedding shower. He is getting married in Colorado over labor day weekend, but since most of my dad's side of the family is living in the DFW area, they had a wedding shower in Dallas. It has been YEARS since the whole family was together. I don't even remember the last time we had everyone together. But I would say it has been at least 4-6 years, if not longer. It was so great to see everyone and catch up on years past. This was most everyone's first time meeting Audrey. She was a big hit, but what baby isn't?! They are always the talk of a party! Of course, I had my camera around my neck and was snapping pictures left and right. Then again, it will probably be another 5-10 years before we are all together again! At one point I was taking some picture of my dad and his four siblings. Like a normal picture, they were all standing up straight, in a row, posing for a picture. Don't get me wrong, it was a great picture, but it was too posed for my liking. I told them ok, have fun! Thats when I got my most favorite shot of the day. Five brothers and sisters, having fun, with genuine smiles on their faces. I can only hope that I have this much fun with my siblings when we're older, and even more so hope that my children have this much fun together. What a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment