Today we are headed to "mimi and Pa's house." Over the river, and through the woods, to grandmothers house we go! That song is actually very fitting for our trip, we go over the red river, and through the woods of east Texas to get to their house! Connor is so excited. Although he keeps saying "mimi and Pa's house, too far." That is because he asks to go there on a weekly basis and I tell him its too far. So now he just always says too far when he says mimi and Pa's house. Ken is working a full day, then we will head out afterward. The plan is for the kids to fall asleep on the way there for at least part of the ride since it will be around their bedtime. Last time we left after their bedtime it worked out great, the kids and the dog slept the whole time! Lets hope we get that lucky this time!
Today is also a very momentous day! Audrey put herself down for a nap, by herself, with no tears! This was very welcome after fighting with her for 45 minutes yesterday to get her down, with many many tears on her end, and mine too! After lunch, I set Audrey down in her crib so I could get Connor changed and down for his nap. I expected her to talk/fuss for a few minutes until I got back to rock her to sleep. Before leaving the room, I turned on some of her lullaby music. I didn't hear her fussing at all. I was shocked, she must have really liked that music. Next thing I know, I went back to check on her and she was asleep! Audrey, not yet 6 months, put herself to sleep without being rocked or anything! I know this won't happen every day, but today it was very welcome! She didn't fall asleep in the most ladylike position, but she is too dang cute when she sleeps to not share.

No comments:
Post a Comment