Last night Connor woke up at 4:30 or so and was sitting up, crying. I quickly went in there to see if he was ok. Usually he will give me a hug and a kiss and lay back down. Not this time. This time he demanded to be picked up and then continuously cried out for daddy. He wanted nothing to do with me. I would like to think he just had a bad dream and I happened to be in it and so he wanted daddy. In reality I think it is Connor just wanting his Dad because that is his favorite person right now. Ken had just moved to the couch to try and sleep better about a hour before this because Audrey was keeping us both up with her stuffy nose and not being able to breathe great. The four of us went back to the room to go to sleep but of course Ellie wasn't ready to go back to sleep, she was ready to go outside and play. After getting up twice to let her out, thinking she actually needed to go potty, I gave up and came out to the couch with Audrey to try and get some sleep. I knew if I came out and laid down on the couch Ellie would just get up on the couch too and relax. I finally went back to sleep about a hour later, just in time for Connor to wake up not too long after. Luckily, Ken got up with him and did the best he could to keep him quiet enough that I could sleep in with Audrey on the couch. Needless to say, the four of us were all sleep deprived today! I just got done telling Ken yesterday that I wanted at least two more kids...now I'm saying at least one more. We will see how that goes and then decide if we want more :)
When I took Audrey to her 2 month appointment earlier this month the pediatrician said that we needed to do more tummy time with her so she can lift her head and get better strength to hold her head up. Easier said than done, she hates it. Just like Connor did at this age. Audrey, I think, has really good head control even with the lack of tummy time. She actually prefers to sit up. When we try to lean her back and let her relax her head she will lunge forward in an effort to sit up. But as a worried mom, I will continue to do tummy time. All I have to say to Connor is "Audrey is going to do some tummy time" and he will pull out her play mat and lay it out on the floor and pat it to let me know I can lay her down now. Such a great helper. As always, when we did tummy time today, she just laid there. She didn't lift her head at all and decided to get comfortable while laying down. I let her do this for about 10 minutes in hopes that she would eventually try to lift her head. She never did. After this she sat up in both her bumbo chair and propped up in her crib for at least 20 minutes and loved every minute of it. I think she has good enough head control for an almost 3 month old but during tummy time would prefer to lay down rather than use any muscles to try and lift her head. Like Ken said to re assure me that everything is okay, she will eventually lift her head while laying down, every kid is different. I think the hardest part of being a mother to two is not comparing what Audrey doesn't do compared to what Connor was doing at this age.

No comments:
Post a Comment