For the last week or two Audrey has been taking almost all her naps in her crib. I think she enjoys having the quiet place to sleep, rather than being asleep in whatever room Connor and I happen to be in at the time. I remember when Connor was her age I could stare at him forever while he was sleeping, thinking, how is it possible to love this much?! Now with her being the second child, I obviously don't have the time to sit and watch her sleep, so when I do get the chance, I love studying her sweet face. Today, while Connor was eating his lunch, I took my camera into her room and took a few pictures of her in this peaceful deep sleep. She looked so comfortable, with her hands crossed and resting close to her face and her blanket pulled partly over her face. She didn't budge from any of the noise and looked so peaceful all bundled up. As I was taking pictures and adoring her, I was thinking about a time when Connor was probably 5-6 months old and I asked a friend that had 2 kids if it is really possible to love the second baby as much as the first? I loved Connor so much and couldn't imagine loving another baby the same. She of course assured me that it is indeed possible! The day Audrey was born, I of course loved her, but as time goes on I am finding myself loving her more and more, just like I did Connor. Just as I was thinking about how peaceful she looked, Connor ran in and started screaming, and yelling "hi baby!" I should have known he would follow me in there and wake her up. I looked at him and said "shhh, baby is sleeping!" I looked back at Audrey and she was already awake. But as she was stretching and waking up she had this little smirk on her face. If I was awoken by someone coming in my room screaming I don't think I would wake up with a smile on my face, but she did. At that point I think I loved Audrey a little more than I did Connor. Only kidding, I love them both equally, but I could really do without the high pitched screams that come from an almost 2 year old, especially when his 2 month old baby sister is sleeping so peacefully!

No comments:
Post a Comment