Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 16

Care Free

Remember when you were a kid (for some that might be hard because you are old and it was so long ago...only kidding!) anyway remember when you would sit in a chair or a stool that was tall enough that your feet didn't hit the ground. I remember I loved the feeling of my feet hanging free from wherever I was sitting and I could swing them back and forth. It was such a great feeling swinging my legs not having a care in the world except for where I was at that moment.

Today Connor woke up around 7:45 and was standing up in his crib letting out little whimpers, I was nursing Audrey at the time and didn't want to have to stop her so I could get up. Luckily our monitor has the "talk" feature so if I hold down a button and talk then Connor will hear it in his room. So I pushed down the talk button and said "Its ok honey, I'm feeding your sister, i'll come get you in just a minute" as soon as he heard that he laid back down! I was shocked, I didn't think that would work, I figured he would just get more mad. He laid back down and fell back asleep for another 45 minutes...lucky me! When he got up for the second time I went in to get him and he immediately pointed to the door and said "eggs!" I guess he was dreaming about what he wanted for breakfast! We went to the kitchen and I started making him eggs and he asked for his "choo-choo fork" (he has a Thomas the train spoon and fork that he has recently become obsessed with).  After I made his eggs I sat him down at his table, gave him his choo choo fork, a plate of eggs with cheese mixed in and a cup of milk. I went back to clean up the kitchen while he ate. A few minutes later I went to check on him I saw him sitting with his legs swinging back and forth under the table and chair. It reminded me of that childhood memory of sitting with my legs swinging without a care in the world. It was only 8:45 in the morning and so much had already clouded my thoughts but for him he was sitting quietly eating his eggs, drinking his milk and swinging his legs.It was obvious that he didn't have a care in the world besides those mmmm mmm eggs( his words) on his yellow plate, the blue choo choo fork in his right hand, and the purple cup half full of milk near his left hand. He had a little milk mustache along his upper lip and a smile on his face while he took each bite. Oh to be young again, swinging our legs under us, and not having a care in the world...


No comments:

Post a Comment