Monday, January 13, 2014

Day 13

One of my favorite quotes is "Enjoy the little things in life, for someday you will see that they were the big things."  I feel like this has become more true especially after having kids. Its the little things that I love every day, a good morning kiss from Connor, a smile and giggle from Audrey, a random hug or kiss from Ken, those are just a few of the little things that mean the most to me.

Today Connor, Audrey and I made a trip to the grocery store to pick up a few things. On the way home Connor kept saying "window, window" so I rolled his window down for him. I let it down about halfway and he kept saying "more down!" so I put it all the way down. He got the biggest smile and kept pointing at cars saying "car" and "hi!!"  We came home so I could drop off the items that needed to go into the refrigerator before heading to Gymboree (the play gym that we have a membership for Connor). When we got home I knew I would only be inside a quick minute so I left the car running and the kids in the car while I ran the groceries inside. Connor's window was still down from the ride home and when I got outside I heard him talking. I looked in his window and he was holding Audrey's hand and talking to her. It is moments like this that I am so glad I always have my camera close by. I grabbed my camera from my camera bag in the front seat and snapped a shot. Audrey was looking up at him with no real expression but focusing on his face. I couldn't understand what he was saying but my heart melted when I saw his hand wrapped around hers. A  hand being held is one of those "small things" that I want to remember and enjoy.


1 comment: