Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day 18

This weekend Ken has a three day weekend, yay! This morning Ken took Connor to his Gymboree class and not too long after I met them there for Audrey's first Gymboree class. When I got there Connor was so excited to see me, he ran full speed to where I was standing and jumped in my arms for a big hug! Best feeling ever!! He usually never does that for me, probably because he spends all day with me and rarely is away from me. I always see him do it for Ken and think that must be such a great feeling. As they were leaving and I was heading back to start Audrey's class, Connor ran to the clear glass door to look in to the room where I was and started crying "mommy." He was so sad and didn't understand why he was leaving Gymboree without me! I handed Audrey off to the teacher and got up to give him a goodbye and hug and kiss. Once I mentioned that he was going to go with daddy and get a snack he was just fine! When I got home I noticed Ken and Connor pulling into the garage just before me. I didn't know where they had gone since they left Gymboree about 45 minutes before me. As soon as Connor got out of the car I knew exactly where they went, to get Connor a hair cut! He looked like a different child with a fresh hair cut! His hair was getting way too long and was just a mess! He looks so handsome all cleaned up! Soon after we got home Audrey and I left to have a girls lunch with a friend and her daughter and Ken made home made pretzels while I was gone. Once Connor woke up from his nap we took some pretzels to the neighbors and introduced ourselves. They were really nice, the husband is a pilot in the air force and they have a 7.5 month old daughter. After we left there we played outside with the sidewalk chalk and let Connor run around the open field next to our house. He loves going over there, he can run as fast as he wants and run really far! He got so far away from us that we had to yell for him to stop! He turned around with the biggest smile on his face. Pure joy! When we were playing with the sidewalk chalk a couple days ago he liked it when I wrote out the alphabet and he said the letters.  His favorite letter is the letter T. Anytime he sees the letter T, upper or lower case he will point and yell "T!" He finds it on so many things throughout the day, our car in the word Pilot, on the trash can, anytime we wear a t-shirt with the letter T somewhere on it. Everything. So when I started the alphabet I got as far as about D before he started demanding that I wrote Ts instead. Ok, Connor, whatever you want! Here is him trying to write the letter T himself...


No comments:

Post a Comment